Due to the fires in Sonoma and Napa counties and related smoke we changed this ride for more breathable air going east and beyond the Bay Area mountain range, and up on top.
Following up on our educational ride training and skill building exercises in order to improve safe riding habits, this 100 mile ride covers
• Ergonomic riding positions
• Safely braking into corners
• Confident cornering in wide and tight turns
Arrive on time and with a full tank of gas.
8 AM – Gather at Peet’s Coffee and Tea, Castro Valley
8:15 AM – Safety Review
8:20 AM – KSU (kick stands up)
At the beginning of Mines Road, drills for skills for about 15 min.
Gas: Castro Valley Chevron, San Jose
Lunch: San Jose, probably Thai, open to suggestions
If you like curvy roads, and views, this ride is for you. If you don’t like curves yet, on this ride you could learn the skills and have fun as you get safer and more confident with your bike. Or just have fun.
As always, please wear the right gear as we want you to ride for many miles more. Do a motorcycle safety check before riding.
• Guests are welcome but Please let me know in advance if you wish to bring a guest.
• Bring a printed version of the route or program it into your GPS. Contact me directly with any questions on how to do this.
• Please RSVP so we can plan accordingly.
• Arrive with a FULL TANK OF GAS, wearing proper gear, riding a properly working machine please!
• Before participating in this ride, read the HOMOTO Rules Of The Ride (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wcAQHLJjiYQ3EhVD3vclmON1N5bx2gqQ2NBqiCkl1YM/edit?usp=sharing), and apply generously before, throughout and after.
• Your ‘Yes’ RSVP for this ride confirms your acceptance of the Homoto Liability Release statement, which you may review at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4k1TnMy2BlBSkdxdWNPVHU1VGM/view?usp=sharing (http://www.homoto.us/liability-release-form-homoto-mc/)