Welcome to Homoto!
Homoto was founded with the idea that motorcycling should be fun and safe, and that motorcycle clubs should be about riding and learning. We strive to provide a safe place for our queer and queer-friendly peeps to learn and ride with like minded people.
- To ride.
- To have fun doing it.
- To be safe and promote safety in our sport.
- To share our knowledge with others.
- To mentor our brothers and sisters new to the sport
Homoto plans and executes about 6 group rides each month with varying skill levels and length.
Homoto believes that by helping the new rider, we are helping us all be safer on the road.
Dinner rides, Bike Nights, social gatherings – these are but a few examples of events that have helped Homoto create brotherhood.
Our members participate in a variety of volunteer activities which benefit our community. We believe in giving back.
Who are we?
Homoto is a private, organized club with bylaws, officers, dues, and meetings. We define a motorcycle as a two wheeled vehicle that has an engine displacement of 250cc’s or more. Not everyone wants this or fits this criteria, and we understand that. Luckily, there are other options.
- If you’re looking for something with a little less structure, try the Bay Area GSR Facebook group. They’re an awesome group of guys, and most of our members are a part of this too.
- There’s also a group on Facebook called MOTORide. The have informal rides periodically.
- Other clubs in town: The Dykes on Bikes are a womens group, and the Golden Gate Guards are another men’s group.
- Three wheelers: If you have more than two wheels, try out the Spyder Ryders of America. We have choices!
What makes us different?
Well, besides the stuff we already mentioned above, here’s a summary of our goals, aspirations, and benefits with regards to the club:
- We have occasional “bike-nights” at a restaurant/coffee place where we can all get together and be social, talk about bikes and plan rides. See our calendar for details.
- We have two monthly structured rides with a leader, sweep, and at least one safety committee member. Ask a member about joining our next ride.
- We have seminars on bikes, bike maintenance, accessories, ride planning and other topics throughout the year. See our calendar for details.
- We have negotiated discounts on service/parts at local shops.
- We are actively involved in making our a community a better place to be.
- Think this sounds like fun? Interested in learning more? Come join us at one of our bike nights or other activities.
Questions? Contact Us